Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Object-Oriented Post #1

My dad gave it to me when I was eight years old.  It shined and glimmered like it was right off the factory line, a Honda Minibike 50cc.  In all actuality it was just another steal my dad had found at a local garage-sale.  A quick wipe down made the grease and dirt disappear and the bike was no longer anyones but mine.  "It's yours", he said, "hop on".  There was nothing mini about this bike it was at the time a perfect fit.  There were no pedals or training wheels only a throttle and an engine.  The tires were wide and fat.  The blue leather seat was much larger than a bike seat.  Everything about the Honda was more... more room, more power, and more adventure.  The kick-start was hard and not easily moved, but when the engine did fire up it purred like a dormant lion.  The engine was the dormant lion but the throttle was the caged beast.  One pull on the throttle sent the front end of the bike into the air.  The first time I accidently "popped a wheelie" I thought the whole bike was going to fly away into the sky like the winged Honda logo painted on the sides.  The bike had a gas can that was located in front of the seat and every time I would get on the bike I would open the can and listen to the gas slosh around as if I where in a pit-stop during a big race.  The bike was just a gift from my dad it was the key to my own adventures and now the bike is in the garage waiting for spring to come so my eight year old brother Joey can ride.

No comments: