Friday, December 5, 2008

Object-Oriented Post #2


Outside my house, in the backyard, there is an indestructible fortress that has stood for the ages.  The battle-ready castle has seen many battles against uncountable odds.  It has prevailed against invading hordes, pirate sieges, and alien invasions.  I am of course referring to the tree- house that is in my backyard.  The tree house was built by my dad for me when I was very little.  It is more of a fort than a tree house as it isn't even located in a tree.  It is a small 6 by 6 fort placed atop 4 posts.  The fort sits about 5 feet off the ground which is perfect for scanning the horizon.  There are two entrances into the fort and both are by ladder.  The front entrance is a ladder nailed into the fort at a 75 degree angle and the back entrance is a ladder at 90 degrees and provides a treacherous escape route.  The walls are boards nailed to the frame and the roof is a tent-style tarp that is secured to the wood.  There is a yellow slide in the front that allows a fast exit to attack the advancing army.  Underneath the fort is a sandbox that houses the many beasts and creature of the fort.  The Fort was my palace growing up and the subject of many of my childhood adventures.     

No comments: